This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is expanding its partnership with The Wing, a network of work and community spaces designed for women. Its new American Express Platinum Perk at The Wing gives card holders and non-card holders alike credit to use at The Wing’s in-house cafe.
The Platinum Perk will give those who hold the Platinum Card® from American Express a one-time $50 credit to be used toward food and beverages at The Perch cafes inside Wing locations across the country. The Perch features food from local, women-owned (or co-owned) eateries, farms, breweries and wineries; proceeds from special dishes are given back to local nonprofits. This credit will be available through the end of 2019.
Not an Amex Platinum card holder? Amex is still doling out $10 credits to all other Wing members, regardless of what credit (or debit) card they hold.
The deal is sweetened for Platinum members, since they’ll also get the $10 credit. That means a total of $60 toward snacks and sips is up for grabs.
The Wing has seven locations spread across New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. It plans on opening spaces in Boston, Seattle, Toronto and London over the next two years. Membership with the Wing can be pricey — between $2,350 and $2,700 annually.
The Wing has a small network of about 8,000 members, so this perk will only be available to a small subset of Amex Platinum card holders. However, it’s always nice to see issuers offer extra perks, and this helps take the sting out of the Platinum’s $550 annual fee (see rates & fees). It’s also a smart marketing play on the part of Amex, which likely wants to get its brand in front of The Wing’s clientele of influential women entrepreneurs, activists and influencers.
*This story was updated to reflect that Wing members can only receive a $50 credit with the The Platinum Card® from American Express. Those who hold The Business Platinum® Card from American Express will not receive a $50 credit.
Featured image courtesy of The Wing.
For rates & fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees