Amex Platinum Holders Get up to $60 of Food and Beverage Credits at The Wing Locations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is expanding its partnership with The Wing, a network of work and community spaces designed for women. Its new American Express Platinum Perk at The Wing gives card holders and non-card holders alike credit to use at The Wing’s in-house cafe.
The Platinum Perk will give those who hold the Platinum Card® from American Express a one-time $50 credit to be used toward food and beverages at The Perch cafes inside Wing locations across the country. The Perch features food from local, women-owned (or co-owned) eateries, farms, breweries and wineries; proceeds from special dishes are given back to local nonprofits. This credit will be available through the end of 2019.
Not an Amex Platinum card holder? Amex is still doling out $10 credits to all other Wing members, regardless of what credit (or debit) card they hold.
The deal is sweetened for Platinum members, since they’ll also get the $10 credit. That means a total of $60 toward snacks and sips is up for grabs.
The Wing has seven locations spread across New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. It plans on opening spaces in Boston, Seattle, Toronto and London over the next two years. Membership with the Wing can be pricey — between $2,350 and $2,700 annually.
The Wing has a small network of about 8,000 members, so this perk will only be available to a small subset of Amex Platinum card holders. However, it’s always nice to see issuers offer extra perks, and this helps take the sting out of the Platinum’s $695 annual fee (see rates & fees). It’s also a smart marketing play on the part of Amex, which likely wants to get its brand in front of The Wing’s clientele of influential women entrepreneurs, activists and influencers.
*This story was updated to reflect that Wing members can only receive a $50 credit with the The Platinum Card® from American Express. Those who hold The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will not receive a $50 credit.
Featured image courtesy of The Wing.
For rates & fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees