Amex cardholders now get free access to co-working spaces and member clubs — here’s how
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Welcome to the world of members-only clubs and co-working spaces.
While many of these businesses took a major hit during the pandemic, they are now reopening – and you can experience some of them free of charge as an Amex cardholder.
Amex is introducing a partnership with ONDA, a membership-based platform that provides access to over 100 private member clubs, co-working spaces and health clubs around the world.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How it works
New ONDA customers with any Amex U.S. consumer card can enroll in a complimentary 60-day trial ONDA membership (valued at $192), which will automatically renew unless canceled. You must enroll through this link.
ONDA allows members to use each facility in their network up to three times per year. Any additional visits require a surcharge. The same applies to those with a 60-day trial membership. The nice thing about this trial is that you can bring up to three guests with you on each visit.
The digital nomad lifestyle is increasingly enticing. In a recent Amex survey, 54% of respondents said that the freedom and flexibility of living and working while traveling the globe are more appealing now than before the pandemic.
I live near several New York City co-working spaces, so I’m looking forward to giving the ONDA membership a test drive, especially after largely working out of my studio apartment for over a year.
Where you can find ONDA venues
Here’s a look at some of the co-working spaces, members clubs and health clubs that are in the ONDA network. For a full list of the 100+ ONDA venues globally, click here.
New York City
- Blender Workspace (Co-working)
- Camp David (Co-working)
- The New Work Project (Co-working)
- The Yard, Gowanus (Co-working)
- The Yard, South Williamsburg (Co-working)
- The Yard, Williamsburg (Co-working)
- City Club LA (Members club)
- Griffin Club (Health club)
- Ignited Spaces, Downtown LA (Co-working)
- Ignited Spaces, Hollywood (Co-working)
- Rita House (Co-working)
- Village Workspaces, West LA (Co-working)
- 12 Hay Hill (Co-working)
- Arboretum (Members club)
- Cloud 12 (Health club)
- Eight Club Bank (Members club)
- Eight Club Moorgate (Members club)
- Fora, Borough (Co-working)
- Fora, Clerkenwell (Co-working)
- Fora, Fitzrovia (Co-working)
- Home Grown (Members club)
- ONDA (Members club)
- The Collective (Co-working)
- Oru (Co-working)
- The Yard, Philadelphia (Co-working)
In a world where remote work will continue to be prevalent, this Amex partnership will allow cardholders to try out a unique service while at home or on the road.
Prior to the pandemic, those with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express had access to a one-year WeWork membership. That benefit has since ended but now, all consumer Amex cardholders can see if select co-working and member clubs are right for them before fully committing.
Featured photo of the Griffin Club LA courtesy of ONDA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.