Targeted: Hotel Hop in Las Vegas This Summer for up to 20,000 Amex Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here at TPG, we’re always looking for new ways to save money and earn more points to take the trip of a lifetime. After doing some poking around on our American Express accounts, we came across a way to visit Las Vegas this summer and rack up 20,000 Membership Rewards points, all while spending just $1,000 on hotel costs. The trick is the Amex Offers program, which currently has three targeted promotions for select cardholders.
Here’s how you can do it.
The first off comes from Caesars Entertainment, where you’ll get 4,000 MR points after spending $200 or more at participating Las Vegas properties:
- Caesars Palace
- NOBU Hotel at Caesars Palace
- Caesars Suites
- Bally’s Las Vegas
- The Cromwell
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Harrah’s Las Vegas
- LINQ Hotel & Casino
- Paris Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Resort
- Rio All-Suite Las Vegas
TPG Editor Nick Ewen was targeted for this offer on both his Platinum Card® from American Express and his Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express.
This offer runs through Sep. 3, and reservations must be made through a direct Caesars Entertainment channel.
After a night or two in one of the resorts above, you can then hop over to a second property, as MGM Resorts has two targeted offers for travelers looking to get away to Vegas this summer. The first will give you 10,000 points for spending $500 or more at most of the MGM-branded properties in town:
Offer valid at Bellagio®, ARIA®, Vdara®, MGM Grand® Las Vegas, The Signature at MGM Grand®, Mandalay Bay® , Delano® Las Vegas, Park MGM®, NoMad® Las Vegas, and The Mirage® in the US.
Then there’s a second offer for 6,000 points after spending at least $300 at MGM properties in “Select Destinations” — including the New York-New York, Luxor and Excalibur.
Both of these offers run through Aug. 29, and they too require booking through a direct channel rather than a third party.
If you’re targeted for all three of these offers, add them to your card, hop between MGM and Caesars hotels this summer and spend the required amounts, you’ll take home 20,000 Membership Rewards points, worth a whopping $400 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Las Vegas is a prime vacation destination and ranks as the second-most-popular US summer getaway — despite the summer heat. Once in Sin City, you can live like a rockstar by using hotel elite status to skip lines at casinos, as TPG’s Edward Pizzarello writes.
If you don’t currently have a card that earns American Express Membership Rewards points and don’t want to miss out on a great deal like this in the future, there are a few great options currently available, each with hefty welcome bonuses:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months (though you may be targeted for a higher bonus using the CardMatch tool). Terms apply.
- American Express® Gold Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership (though you may be targeted for a higher bonus using the CardMatch tool). Terms apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn 75,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within your first three months of Card Membership. Terms apply.
Editor’s Note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Amex Offers in Las Vegas. It will be updated as new ones are released.
Featured photo by Seb Oliver / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees