Amex Offer: Get $60 Cash Back on Kimpton Hotel Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Kimpton Hotels definitely has a cult following. And, if you’re hooked on the brand’s funky, service-oriented and pet-friendly vibes, you can get up to 20% cash back on your next stay through Amex Offers. If you’re targeted, you’ll get a $60 statement credit for spending $300 or more on a hotel stay at eligible properties.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals for targeted American Express cardholders. Recent offers include:
- 15,000 bonus points for spending $500+ on Rimowa luggage (July 15)
- $300 statement credit for spending $1,500+ at Cathay Pacific (July 31)
- 4,000 bonus points for spending $200+ at select Vegas hotels (September 3)
- $40 statement credit for spending $200+ at Marriott (September 3)
- $100 statement credit for spending $500+ at Hiltons in Europe (September 3)
- $75 statement credit for spending $200+ at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House (September 3)
Now through September 30, targeted cardholders will get $60 cash back for spending $300+ at Kimpton Hotels:
The terms and conditions confirm that this offer isn’t redeemable at any other IHG property and excludes gift cards. However, the offer is “valid for stays at any Kimpton hotel location globally.”
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you’re going to have to make the hotel reservation directly with Kimpton via website, IHG’s app or by calling Kimpton directly. You’re also going to need to book, stay and pay by September 30 to qualify for the promotion.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this offer in its account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on five of my seven American Express cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Blue Business®️ Plus Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express (legacy product)
The only two cards that weren’t targeted are my Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card and my Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express — both are understandably not targeted for this offer at their competitor.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you’ve been targeted on multiple cards, make sure you choose wisely. Once you enroll in a particular offer with a specific card, you won’t be able to enroll in the same offer again with another card.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex.
Want to learn more about Amex Offers? Here’s what you need to know:
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Scott Mayerowitz / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees