This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Plan on ordering in soon? You could be in luck to save some extra cash or earn bonus points on your dine-in order. American Express is targeting cardholders with two separate offers to get a $5 statement credit on some purchases at Seamless or Grubhub, or earning double points for ordering from the service.
The statement credit deal is as follows: You’ll get a $5 statement credit when you use your enrolled Amex card to make a single purchase of $20 or more at Seamless.com or through the Seamless app. If you were targeted for the offer, you’ll need to add it to your card and take advantage by November 20, 2018, in order to get the $5 statement credit. There’s a limit of two statement credits per cardmember, and the terms state that in many cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet.
The other deal involves earning bonus points for your Seamless order. Targeted Amex cardholders are seeing the option to earn an additional Membership Rewards point on each dollar spent with Seamless/Grubhub. In order to get the 2x points, you must add the offer to your card and make a purchases by December 31, 2018. Eligible purchases must be made at Seamless.com, Grubhub.com or through either service’s mobile app. Gift card purchases are not eligible for the offer, and there appears to be no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn.
These two Amex offers could be worth taking advantage of if you were targeted. In addition, they appear to have surfaced just one day after American Express published two new benefits to the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express on its website. The new perks earn 4x points on US restaurant purchases and a $120 annual dining credit that applies to purchases made at Grubhub and Seamless, among other establishments. Although it’s unclear when or if those changes will take effect (they’ve since disappeared from the site), it could be a sign that Amex is placing an emphasis on dining — especially with Seamless.
Featured image by Daisy-Daisy / Getty Images.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards