This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Plan on ordering in soon? You could be in luck to save some extra cash or earn bonus points on your dine-in order. American Express is targeting cardholders with two separate offers to get a $5 statement credit on some purchases at Seamless or Grubhub, or earning double points for ordering from the service.
The statement credit deal is as follows: You’ll get a $5 statement credit when you use your enrolled Amex card to make a single purchase of $20 or more at Seamless.com or through the Seamless app. If you were targeted for the offer, you’ll need to add it to your card and take advantage by November 20, 2018, in order to get the $5 statement credit. There’s a limit of two statement credits per cardmember, and the terms state that in many cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet.
The other deal involves earning bonus points for your Seamless order. Targeted Amex cardholders are seeing the option to earn an additional Membership Rewards point on each dollar spent with Seamless/Grubhub. In order to get the 2x points, you must add the offer to your card and make a purchases by December 31, 2018. Eligible purchases must be made at Seamless.com, Grubhub.com or through either service’s mobile app. Gift card purchases are not eligible for the offer, and there appears to be no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn.
These two Amex offers could be worth taking advantage of if you were targeted. In addition, they appear to have surfaced just one day after American Express published two new benefits to the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express on its website. The new perks earn 4x points on US restaurant purchases and a $120 annual dining credit that applies to purchases made at Grubhub and Seamless, among other establishments. Although it’s unclear when or if those changes will take effect (they’ve since disappeared from the site), it could be a sign that Amex is placing an emphasis on dining — especially with Seamless.
Featured image by Daisy-Daisy / Getty Images.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees