This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Plan on ordering in soon? You could be in luck to save some extra cash or earn bonus points on your dine-in order. American Express is targeting cardholders with two separate offers to get a $5 statement credit on some purchases at Seamless or Grubhub, or earning double points for ordering from the service.
The statement credit deal is as follows: You’ll get a $5 statement credit when you use your enrolled Amex card to make a single purchase of $20 or more at Seamless.com or through the Seamless app. If you were targeted for the offer, you’ll need to add it to your card and take advantage by November 20, 2018, in order to get the $5 statement credit. There’s a limit of two statement credits per cardmember, and the terms state that in many cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet.
The other deal involves earning bonus points for your Seamless order. Targeted Amex cardholders are seeing the option to earn an additional Membership Rewards point on each dollar spent with Seamless/Grubhub. In order to get the 2x points, you must add the offer to your card and make a purchases by December 31, 2018. Eligible purchases must be made at Seamless.com, Grubhub.com or through either service’s mobile app. Gift card purchases are not eligible for the offer, and there appears to be no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn.
These two Amex offers could be worth taking advantage of if you were targeted. In addition, they appear to have surfaced just one day after American Express published two new benefits to the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express on its website. The new perks earn 4x points on US restaurant purchases and a $120 annual dining credit that applies to purchases made at Grubhub and Seamless, among other establishments. Although it’s unclear when or if those changes will take effect (they’ve since disappeared from the site), it could be a sign that Amex is placing an emphasis on dining — especially with Seamless.
Featured image by Daisy-Daisy / Getty Images.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees