Amex Offer: Save up to $250 or Earn 15,000 Points on Qantas Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Australia on your mind? If so, a new American Express offer could make getting there a little easier. Select cardholders are seeing an offer for $150 back after spending $700 or more with Qantas, Australia’s flag carrier and Oneworld alliance member.
Frequent Miler is reporting a similar offer for $250 after spending $1,200 or more and Running With Miles says a reader reports seeing an offer for 15,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $700 with the airline. If you have the offer to earn Membership Rewards, that’s the best deal considering TPG values MR points at 2 cents each, or $300 for the 15,000 points.
It’s important to note that all flights must originate in the United States and be purchased in US dollars through Qantas’ US website. While we’ve seen plenty of sales to Australia for flights less than$600 round-trip, it shouldn’t be too hard to hit the $700 threshold. If your flight comes in under $700, it could be worth adding an amenity like an extra legroom seat to trigger the credit. After the $150 back, your wallet may still be ahead and you’ll have a more comfortable seat to boot.
Qantas operates a number of flights to US cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Dallas. TPG reviews have given its economy product good reviews.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make a qualifying transaction by June 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Only TPG Points and Miles Editor Nick Ewen received the offer, which appeared on both The Platinum® Card from American Express and Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee