Amex Offer: Save up to $250 or Earn 15,000 Points on Qantas Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Australia on your mind? If so, a new American Express offer could make getting there a little easier. Select cardholders are seeing an offer for $150 back after spending $700 or more with Qantas, Australia’s flag carrier and Oneworld alliance member.
Frequent Miler is reporting a similar offer for $250 after spending $1,200 or more and Running With Miles says a reader reports seeing an offer for 15,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $700 with the airline. If you have the offer to earn Membership Rewards, that’s the best deal considering TPG values MR points at 2 cents each, or $300 for the 15,000 points.
It’s important to note that all flights must originate in the United States and be purchased in US dollars through Qantas’ US website. While we’ve seen plenty of sales to Australia for flights less than$600 round-trip, it shouldn’t be too hard to hit the $700 threshold. If your flight comes in under $700, it could be worth adding an amenity like an extra legroom seat to trigger the credit. After the $150 back, your wallet may still be ahead and you’ll have a more comfortable seat to boot.
Qantas operates a number of flights to US cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Dallas. TPG reviews have given its economy product good reviews.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make a qualifying transaction by June 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Only TPG Points and Miles Editor Nick Ewen received the offer, which appeared on both The Platinum® Card from American Express and Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees