This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you were looking to replace or upgrade your current luggage situation, be sure to check if you’ve been targeted for the latest Amex Offer: 15,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $500 or more with Rimowa through July 15, 2019.
TPG himself is a fan of Rimowa, as well as TPG‘s own Summer Hull, who has been sporting a Rimowa as her carry-on for five years now and certainly gives the luggage her stamp of approval after flying hundreds of thousands of miles with it. The high quality of the luggage is one of many reasons it’s at the top of the list of TPG staff picks for best luggage.
As mentioned, this offer puts 15,000 Membership Rewards points on the line — which TPG’s current points valuations would put at around $300 in value — when you spend $500 or more with Rimowa. If you have never shopped for Rimowa luggage, just an FYI here, that ‘or more’ part will easily come into play, as Rimowa’s least expensive bag costs around $540, all the way up to almost $2,000 for its most expensive bag.
If you want to know if you have been targeted for the offer, simply log into your Amex account online or on the mobile app. In the Offers and Benefits section, you will find any offers you have been targeted for. Simply click to enroll your card and start shopping. Statement credits ($150 in this case) should hit your account around 90 days after you meet the spend requirement.
In order to earn the Membership Rewards points, you will need to purchase directly from a Rimowa store or at Rimowa’s website as long as the purchase isn’t being shipped outside of the United States. Authorized retailers are excluded from the offer. If you want to make sure the retailer qualifies, you can find your nearest Rimowa store using the company’s store locator.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards