This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
The Amex Offers program is one of the best ways to save some cash on purchases you’d already be making. And while generally, they revolve around specific retailers — like Hulu, AT&T, The RealReal and more — it appears as though Amex is beginning to offer savings on more general purchases.
As part of this Amex Offer, you can get $10 back when you spend $75 or more on one or more select home improvement store purchases. The $10 back will appear in the form of a statement credit. The offer expires on Dec. 31, 2018, and eligible purchases can be made using your enrolled card in store or online.
The terms state that the eligible retailers include: Home Depot, Lowes and Menards — either in store or online. For each retailer, there are specific exclusions as to which purchases count toward the $75 in spend.
According to the terms and conditions of the offer, it’s limited to one card per card member across all Amex Offer channels. Note also that the terms state that in most cases, the statement credit might not appear if the transaction is made via an electronic wallet or third party.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. I was targeted for the offer on my Platinum Card® from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and American Express® Gold Card.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards