This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is targeting cardholders with an enticing offer for purchases within the Hilton portfolio. With the new Amex Offer, you can earn 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $300 or more with Hilton — on room rate and room charges.
Unlike many Amex Offers that are specific to hotel portfolios, this particular offer is valid for any Hilton Portfolio property in the US — not just specific brands within a portfolio. Of course, you must add the offer to your card (if you were targeted) and use the card to spend at least $300. The offer expires on June 30, 2018.
According to the terms and conditions, your minimum $300 purchase must be made directly with Hilton — either though its site, the Hilton Honors app or by calling Hilton at 1-800-445-8667. In addition, only Hilton properties in the US and US territories are eligible for this Amex Offer. The offer also doesn’t apply to advance purchase rates. If you successfully enroll in the offer and complete the minimum spend, the 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points are in addition to the points you’ll receive for purchases on your card. Additional points will be credited within 90 days after June 30, 2018.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 3,500 bonus Membership Rewards points to be earned from the Amex Offer are worth about $67, which makes this a good return on your Hilton purchase without even accounting for the bonus spend you’ll earn per dollar with your credit card. The fact that this promotion doesn’t apply to specific brands within the entire US Hilton portfolio makes the minimum spend easier to meet.
The offer seems to be fairly widely targeted. I got the offer on my Platinum Card from American Express, but cardholders have also reported getting the offer on the Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN and other Amex business cards.
Featured image of the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees