This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are a fantastic way to save money or earn bonus points on purchases you were going to make anyway on your American Express cards. Friday, there is a new Amex Offer available on some lucky Amex cards that is a great match for travelers who fly Delta Air Lines.
This offer awards a $60 statement credit when you spend $300 or more on flights with Delta Air Lines in one or more cumulative transactions by Jan. 9. These flights must be purchased directly with Delta, originate in the United States and the purchases must be made in US dollars.
A TPG editor spotted this offer on her Platinum Card® from American Express, but right now this offer is relatively targeted (and subject to change at anytime) as it is not on all Amex cards or available to all Amex cardholders. As an added bonus, if you also have this Delta Amex Offer on your Platinum Amex, you will earn 5 Membership Rewards points per dollar on airfare charges made directly with the airline. The American Express® Gold Card would provide 3 points per dollar on the same charges. If you get to choose which Amex card to add the offer to, here’s a refresher on the Best Cards for Delta Flyers.
To add the offer to your Amex card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. Check out the video below for everything you need to know about finding and using Amex Offers.
H/T: Deals We Like
Featured photo by TheTigersSon/Unsplash
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees