This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to a new Amex offer, Amex cardholders can receive a $50 statement credit after spending $200 on hotels through online travel agency TripFuel.
To receive the statement credit, you have to add the offer to you American Express card, book through tripfuel.com/amexoffer and spend at least $200 on your reservation (that $200 requirement includes taxes and fees).
It appears that the offer is targeted, so you’ll have to log in to your AmericanExpress.com to see if you’re eligible. Scroll down to “Amex Offers and Benefits” on your account homepage and if you see the offer make sure you click “add to card.” I found this on my Business Platinum® Card from American Express.
The offer doesn’t expire until November 14, 2018, so you have plenty of time to book eligible travel. The statement credit will appear on your card within 90 days after November 14 and can only be used on one Amex card, even if you have the offer on multiple accounts. The offer excludes bookings directly through all other Booking Holdings Inc. brands like booking.com, Priceline and Rocketmiles — so make sure to book through the provided link.
Remember that when booking through an OTA you’ll usually lose the right to earn points, elite credits and elite benefits on a reservation. If you’re not concerned about earning points or are booking a non-points hotel, it could definitely make sense to take advantage of the offer since you’re getting up to 25% off your stay.
TripFuel is one of dozens of online travel agencies but is backed by Priceline, a reliable OTA. Prices appeared to be the same after a quick comparison to Hotels.com and Priceline.com. Of course, remember that when booking through Hotels.com, you can earn up to 20% back — 10x miles on Hotels.com purchases booked and paid through Hotels.com/venture with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and one free night after 10 paid nights through the Hotels.com loyalty program.
Featured image of an Overwater Bungalow at the Sheraton Maldives by Zach Honig/TPG.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards