This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the holidays approach, American Express has released some solid Amex Offers that can really ramp up your family’s point balances or save you some money in the form of statement credits on purchases charged to your American Express cards.
A new offer available today on some Amex cards awards 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $300 in one or more transactions either online or in-store at Best Buy in the US or US Territories by Dec. 31. TPG values 3,000 Amex Membership Reward points at $57. There is no doubt this offer will be popular, so I recommend adding it to your card right away if it is available in your account before it disappears.
I had this offer available on my Platinum Card® from American Express, but there are reports of this offer being available on a variety of Amex cards. There is also a version out there that awards a $30 statement credit instead of 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards points, but if you value the points as we do, then I would add the 3,000 bonus points version of the offer as it is more valuable.
To add the offer to your Amex card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. Check out the video below for everything you need to know about finding and using Amex Offers.
Even if you don’t need any electronics or other Best Buy-type gadgets, note that most Best Buy stores also sell retailer gift cards to place like Amazon, Disney, Southwest Airlines and much more. The terms state that e-gift cards are not eligible for this offer, but does not rule out purchasing in-store gift cards.
If you shop online, be sure and stack the savings from this offer with earning as many miles and points as possible as you run down your holiday shopping list by utilizing current airline shopping site bonuses. You can also check out our Guide to Maximizing Holiday Purchases.
Featured image by Nikki Kahn/The Washington Post via Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees