This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is back with yet another enticing Amex Offer. This time, targeted cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express can earn a boatload of Membership Rewards points after spending with Hilton.
More specifically, targeted cardholders can earn 22,500 Membership Rewards points after spending $750 with any of Hilton’s 14 brands. According to the terms and conditions, you must have completed your stay by October 15, 2018. By the looks of the landing page, only select cardholders of Platinum Card who are enrolled in the complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status benefit are eligible.
In order to be eligible to earn the 22,500 Membership Rewards points, you must have been targeted for the offer. To check to see if you were, log in to your Amex account. Or, check your email (and spam folder!) to see if you received word in that form. Some cardholders are reporting varying offers, so be sure to check to see if you’re eligible. In addition, the terms state that the $750 spending threshold can be met in more than one transaction, and points will be credited to your Amex account within 8-12 weeks.
According to TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 22,500 Membership Rewards points are worth a total of $428. So, if you’re targeted and successful in meeting the minimum spend with Hilton, you’ll get a great return on your purchase. Finally, there is a good chance that this offer could be stacked with another Amex Offer to earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points or $50 back after spending $250 with select Hilton properties.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees