This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Another fantastic Amex Offer has appeared after this morning’s deal for $70 off stays at Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. You can earn 20,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $1,000 or more with Air Canada.
At TPG’s current valuations, 20,000 Membership Rewards points are worth a whopping $380. This deal should stack with any regular bonuses you earn from American Express’s cards, like 5x points on airfare with The Platinum Card® from American Express or 3x points with the American Express® Gold Card. So if you did use the Platinum Card on a $1,000 purchase, you’d come out with 25,000 Membership Rewards or about a 48% return in the form of points.
The purchase must be made directly with Air Canada and not through an OTA. The $1,000 minimum can be made in one or more transactions but you must spend $1,000+ with the carrier by December 15, 2018. It appears that the flights can be flown anytime. Consider hitting that $1,000 with the current deals on Air Canada to Tokyo.
To add the offer to your card, log-in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. I found it on my Business Platinum® Card from American Express
Membership Rewards points are some of the best out there because of the flexibility their array of transfer partners provide. You can transfer 25,000 points to Etihad and book American Airlines A321T business Transcon Services or fly a Star Alliance carrier like Air Canada, United or Lufthansa in business to Europe for just 55,000 miles one-way.
You can earn Membership Rewards points and Amex Offers with the following cards:
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- American Express® Business Gold Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- The American Express® Gold Card
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
Featured image by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees