Get $200 Back or 20,000 Amex Points After Spending $200 at AT&T
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We rarely cover non-travel-related Amex Offers, but this deal was too good not to share.
Amex is targeting select American Express cardholders for this incredibly valuable offer: Spend $200 at AT&T, and get either $200 cash back or 20,000 Membership Rewards points. Even more unbelievably, this offer can be repeated up to three times. So far, it looks like only business cardholders have received the offer.
This opt-in, limited-time deal seems to be exclusively targeted to American Express business cards such as:
- The Business Gold Rewards Card From American Expres
- The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section and note you may need to click “Load More” to view the offer.
This is an incredible value for those who have AT&T service. There are two versions of this offer:
- Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards Points by using your enrolled Card to pay $200+ in one or more transactions, toward your AT&T Internet for Business bill directly with AT&T by August 24, 2018. Limit of 60,000 additional points.
- Get $200 back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to pay $200+ in one or more transactions, toward your AT&T Internet for Business bill directly with AT&T by August 24, 2018. Limit of $600 in total statement credits.
Remember that you must enroll your card to accept the offer before making your AT&T payment.
While a statement credit is always great, and the $200 amount is very generous, the 20,000-point offer is even more valuable. At the current TPG valuation of 1.9 cents per Membership Rewards point, that’s up to $1,140 of value for up to $600 in spending (by using the offer three times), most likely for a phone or internet bill you would have had to pay anyway.
Note that you must spend at least $200 in a single transaction in order to trigger this credit; purchases can’t be accumulated toward this spending goal. This offer is available up to three times total per targeted card, and all eligible purchases must be completed by August 24, 2018. Payments by phone, at retail locations or “via third parties” do not qualify.
The offer specifies “AT&T Small Business Wireless,” and the terms and conditions note that “purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer.” However, Frequent Miler reports that similar previous offers have worked for personal cell phone and even AT&T cable bills, so your mileage may vary.
Here's the $200 back offer:
Keep in mind that this particular offer expires on August 24, 2018.
Photo by Eric Helgas for The Points Guy