This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip any time soon, you’re going to want to check your Amex Offers for a potentially lucrative new offer: 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points — or $100 cashback — for spending $600 through Amex Travel.
If you aren’t already familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, such as up to 20% cash back on Delta flights, 15% cash back on Starbucks purchases, 2,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $50+ with Amazon and more.
Now through July 15, targeted cardholders can get 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for making “a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com”
One of the downsides of this offer is that you must spend all $600+ in one purchase — you can’t combine multiple smaller purchases to hit the $600 spending threshold. Also, the purchase must be “a prepaid hotel booking,” meaning that you’re going to need to lock down your travel plans.
But even with those caveats, this is still an offer worth considering. Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points, the 10,000-point offer is worth $190. That’s almost 32% back for making a $600 purchase. In addition to the bonus points, you’ll also earn 5x Membership Rewards points if you make the purchase on The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this AmexTravel offer in their account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on three of my five Amex cards:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees