Get 10,000 Bonus Points or $100 Cashback for Spending $600+ Through Amex Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you’re planning a trip any time soon, you’re going to want to check your Amex Offers for a potentially lucrative new offer: 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points — or $100 cashback — for spending $600 through Amex Travel.
If you aren’t already familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, such as up to 20% cash back on Delta flights, 15% cash back on Starbucks purchases, 2,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $50+ with Amazon and more.
Now through July 15, targeted cardholders can get 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for making “a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com”
One of the downsides of this offer is that you must spend all $600+ in one purchase — you can’t combine multiple smaller purchases to hit the $600 spending threshold. Also, the purchase must be “a prepaid hotel booking,” meaning that you’re going to need to lock down your travel plans.
But even with those caveats, this is still an offer worth considering. Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points, the 10,000-point offer is worth $190. That’s almost 32% back for making a $600 purchase. In addition to the bonus points, you’ll also earn 5x Membership Rewards points if you make the purchase on The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this AmexTravel offer in their account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on three of my five Amex cards:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- The Blue Business®️ Plus Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees