Amex Offer: 10% Off ExxonMobil Fuel Purchases on Business Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
A new Amex Offer became available this month that can save some money for business Amex cardholders who purchase certain types of fuel. Through the end of the end of the year, cardholders targeted for this offer can receive 10% back as statement credits on purchases at Exxon and Mobil fuel pumps in the US. Up to $100 in total statement credits can be earned through 12/31/19.
According to the terms of the offer, only card swipes at the pump or fuel purchases made using Speedpass or the Speedpass+ mobile app are eligible for this offer. Purchases in convenience stores, car washes, any purchases in Guam, and other non-fuel purchases are not eligible. Unfortunately for those filling up their airplane or boat, aviation and marine fuel purchases also not eligible.
Personally, I received this offer on my Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express, which is great since it allows for the 10% statement credits in addition to the normal 2x Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar on all purchases. Other Amex business cards can also be targeted for this offer, which would be particularly good on the American Express® Business Gold Card if fuel is one of the categories where you’re earning 4x points.
Amex had a similar offer for ExxonMobil fuel purchases on their business cards last year.
In order to take advantage of this offer, remember to log into your Amex account and add this card to your account if you’re targeted. And, as always with Amex Offers, remember to use the card to which you added the offer to make the purchases.
For more advice on how to make the most of Amex offers, be sure to check out TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.