This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Card® from American Express, American Express® Gold Card
The Amex Offers program is one of the best ways to save some cash on purchases you’d already be making. And while generally, they revolve around specific retailers — like Starbucks, Air Canada, Stitch Fix and more — it appears as though Amex is beginning to offer savings on more general purchases.
In this latest broad Amex Offer, you can get $10 back when you spend $75 or more on select home furnishing purchases. The $10 back will appear in the form of a statement credit. The offer expires on Dec. 31, 2018, and eligible purchases can be made using your enrolled card in store or online. Just keep in mind that the retailer at which you’re making your purchase must be a US home furnishing store.
The terms state that eligible retailers include: Pier 1 Imports, The Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus World Market, Crate & Barrel, Design within Reach, Raymour and Flannigan, Rooms to Go, West Elm, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn Teen and Rejuvenation.
According to the terms and conditions of the offer, it’s limited to one card per card member across all Amex Offer channels. In addition, the offer excludes international shipping, shipping of custom items, corporate and business orders and sales and installations. Finally, note that the terms state that in most cases, the statement credit might not appear if the transaction is made via an electronic wallet or third party.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. I was targeted for the offer on my Platinum Card® from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and American Express® Gold Card.
Featured image by Robert Alexander / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees