Amex extends Lufthansa lounge access to select cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has extended Lufthansa lounge access to select Amex cardholders yet again. Previously, the benefit was set to end on Oct. 31, 2019 but now Platinum and Centurion cardholders can enjoy the lounges until March 31, 2020.
Here’s what you can expect depending on which card you have:
With the Platinum card, you will enjoy complimentary access to Lufthansa Business lounges (whether or not you flew business) and Lufthansa Senator lounges (only accessible if you flew business) at the Munich (T2 Satellite) and Frankfurt (T1 Concourse B) airport.
If you’re one of the select members who has a black card, you will enjoy complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges at the Munich and Frankfurt airport regardless of which class you flew.
To gain access, customers must present their eligible credit card, a government-issued ID and a same-day confirmed boarding pass for a flight operated by Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian. While cardholders aren’t given a complimentary guest, some locations may allow you to bring one for a fee. Note that if you’re an authorized user, you’ll be given the same access as the primary cardholder.
This perk is one of the many reasons why travelers love the Platinum card. Even if you don’t have plans to lounge in Frankfurt or Munich, the card gives you access to thousands of other lounges from Delta SkyClubs to Priority Pass lounges around the world.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.