Major savings at Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and more with Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers.
If you have a hotel stay coming up over the next few months and happen to hold an American Express card, listen up: You may be able to save some serious cash on your next trip. Many American Express cardholders have reported they’ve been targeted for deep discounts at major hotel chains through the Amex Offers program.
That said, it’s important to note that the coronavirus pandemic continues and some states and countries continue to impose travel restrictions. However, many hotel chains offer flexible change and cancellation policies for new reservations — so there’s little risk of booking a stay that falls during the offer periods below. Just be aware of the risk that you may need to cancel the trip as it approaches and double-check the cancelation terms for your booking.
Let’s take a look at the current offers across various Amex cards. Eligibility for these offers is limited. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter to get travel tips and deals like this delivered to your inbox!
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Book a much-needed luxury vacation this summer with Four Seasons and get $150 back after spending $750 or more. This equates to 20% in savings — you’ll just need to book by Aug. 31.
August brings new Amex Offers across multiple brands under the Hilton Honors umbrella.
DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry
Hilton Hotels, Curio Collection and Canopy
Katie Genter also found this new offer on her Amex Platinum to get $50 back on eligible stays of $250 or more at Hilton properties part of the Curio Collection and Canopy.
Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, & LXR
I found this offer on my Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card.
Any of the above offers can only be added to one card per account holder. You’ll want to check all of your cards first to select the one that offers you the best return on the purchase — or choose one that waives foreign transaction fees for any purchases outside the U.S. and its territories.
Also, these are targeted offers, so you may not see them at all. If you do, I encourage you to add them right away, since they tend to have limited enrollment and may disappear before the expiration date. Also, only 100 Amex Offers will be visible at a time, so if you’re at capacity, add offers to your card to see if any new ones appear.
If you don’t have an American Express card and don’t want to miss out on future offers like these, consider adding The Platinum Card from American Express to your wallet. The card offers a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your first six months of card membership. You might even be eligible for a targeted 125,000- or 150,000-point bonus offer using the CardMatch tool (offers are subject to change at any time). This offer even comes with 10x points at restaurants worldwide and when you “Shop Small” on up to the first $25,000 in combined eligible spending in the first six months of card membership.
You’ll also receive 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year) and 5 points per dollar on prepaid hotels booked on Amex Travel. As a Platinum cardholder, you’ll also receive complimentary Gold status with Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors, so your stays could be even more rewarding (enrollment is required for select benefitd). The card has a $695 annual fee (see rates and fees).
If the Platinum Card isn’t for you, read our guide on choosing the best American Express card that suits your style.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Additional reporting by Liz Hund, Jasmin Baron, Jennifer Yellin and Nick Ewen.
Featured photo by The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue.
Editor’s note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Amex Offers at major chain hotels. It will be updated as new ones are released.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees