Targeted: 50k Amex Delta bonuses with no lifetime restriction
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been looking to give your Delta SkyMiles account a boost but have been held back by Amex’s once-per-lifetime rule, you may be in luck: Amex has been sending out targeted offers with no lifetime language. That means if you’ve previously received a welcome bonus for a card like the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, you won’t be barred from getting it again – assuming you were targeted for one of these offers.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to find out if you were targeted
The Delta Amex card offers with no lifetime restrictions were sent out via email. So check your inbox (and spam) for any offers that may have come from Delta or Amex. Be sure to scroll down to the terms and conditions and read carefully. If you don’t see it in the targeted email, click through to the offer page.
How to get targeted for Amex Delta cards with no lifetime restriction
There’s no magic formula for getting targeted for an Amex Delta card with no lifetime restriction. What you do need is to sign up to receive email offers – ideally from both Amex and Delta. While the last thing any of us need is more ads, it can definitely pay off.
I actually have a separate email account tied to all of my bank and rewards accounts. That way, the incessant ads and notifications don’t interfere with more important communication. I suggest you do the same if you want to get targeted offers like this one without having your primary inbox overrun with ads.
Which cards qualify for the targeted no-lifetime restriction?
According to Miles to Memories, the no-lifetime language applies to targeted offers for the consumer cobranded Delta cards. The welcome bonus on these targeted offers is also higher than the current public offers. All three cards offer 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 in three months. Offer subject to change at anytime.
If you weren’t targeted for these offers but still want to apply for one of these cards, here’s a rundown of each current publicly-available offer. Please note, these offers do include the lifetime restriction, so you will not qualify for a welcome bonus if you’ve received one in the past:
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card – Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms apply.
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card – Earn 90,000 bonus miles after after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms Apply.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card – Earn 80,000 bonus miles, plus 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms Apply.
If you’re targeted for one of these offers, it might be worth it to apply for the card – especially if you’ve previously received a welcome bonus for it. Normally, you wouldn’t qualify for a second bonus and 50,000 SkyMiles is a pretty good offer, so I’d personally take it. If you have not been targeted and are considering getting a SkyMiles card, it’s worth mentioning that the current offers are not the highest we’ve seen before.
So if you’re able to wait, I’d recommend holding out for a higher welcome bonus since you’ll most likely qualify for it just once.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.