Targeted Amex Cardholders: Save $600 on 5-Night Luxury Property Rentals
Get ready to dream big: According to Points, Miles & Martinis, select American Express cardholders are currently eligible to receive $600 off stays of five or more nights booked at Luxury Retreats rental properties worldwide. Luxury Retreats, which was acquired by Airbnb in 2017, is a collection of 4,000 luxury villas in more than 100 destinations.
Given the high-end nature of this offer, it’s no surprise that only American Express’ premium credit cards are included in this promotion: The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and the Centurion Card.
If $600 off a five-night stay seems substantial, it’s because — as you might have guessed by the name alone — the cost to rent one of these properties can be pretty, well, pretty substantial. But, before you close your browser, hear us out: Although pricey, you can find properties that can accommodate six or more guests per night. So, if you’re looking for a group getaway, need a place to go for your next family vacation or are simply one of the lucky ones with a big tax refund coming your way, this could be a deal worth taking advantage of.
To get you in the mood for a lavish trip that won’t totally drain your bank account, TPG browsed Luxury Retreats’ portfolio and selected five of our favorite properties least likely to break the bank. And while the rentals listed below are more affordable than most, they definitely do not skimp on the luxurious amenities.
Villa Rhea in Crete, Greece
- From $380 per night, depending on availability, minimum seven nights
- Sleeps six
- Total for seven nights (after $600 credit): $1,944
- Total per person: $324, assuming full occupancy
Hacienda A19 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- From $900 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps eight
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,710
- Total per person: $589, assuming full occupancy
Villa Aggia in Umbria, Italy
- From $862 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps 10
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,215
- Total per person: $421.50, assuming full occupancy
Seafoam Villa in Leeward, Turks & Caicos
- From $850 per night, depending on availability, minimum six nights
- Sleeps eight
- Total for six nights (after $600 credit): $5,984
- Total per person: $748, assuming full occupancy
Ocean Front Walk, Unit B in San Diego, California
- From $660 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps six
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,733
- Total per person: $789, assuming full occupancy
Though this promotion ends on May 31, stays can be booked for as late in the summer as Aug. 31. All stays must be five or more consecutive nights at the same property. Additionally, the offer is only available on new reservations and must be made over the phone (bookings made online are not eligible for this promotion). Finally, unlike with other American Express promotions, the $600 savings will be credited to the final invoice: not the cardholder’s statement.
Keep in mind that, in addition to receiving $600 off a five-night or longer stay, travelers will also earn a hefty amount of American Express Membership Rewards points — one of the more valuable loyalty currencies out there. According to TPG’s most recent valuations, they’re worth about 2 cents apiece. And with 21 transfer partners, the points you earn can help you travel to just about anywhere in the world.
To learn more about this promotion and to browse Luxury Rentals’ entire portfolio of available properties, visit the promotion’s landing page.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Luxury Retreats
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.