Targeted Amex Cardholders: Save $600 on 5-Night Luxury Property Rentals
Get ready to dream big: According to Points, Miles & Martinis, select American Express cardholders are currently eligible to receive $600 off stays of five or more nights booked at Luxury Retreats rental properties worldwide. Luxury Retreats, which was acquired by Airbnb in 2017, is a collection of 4,000 luxury villas in more than 100 destinations.
Given the high-end nature of this offer, it’s no surprise that only American Express’ premium credit cards are included in this promotion: The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and the Centurion Card.
If $600 off a five-night stay seems substantial, it’s because — as you might have guessed by the name alone — the cost to rent one of these properties can be pretty, well, pretty substantial. But, before you close your browser, hear us out: Although pricey, you can find properties that can accommodate six or more guests per night. So, if you’re looking for a group getaway, need a place to go for your next family vacation or are simply one of the lucky ones with a big tax refund coming your way, this could be a deal worth taking advantage of.
To get you in the mood for a lavish trip that won’t totally drain your bank account, TPG browsed Luxury Retreats’ portfolio and selected five of our favorite properties least likely to break the bank. And while the rentals listed below are more affordable than most, they definitely do not skimp on the luxurious amenities.
Villa Rhea in Crete, Greece
- From $380 per night, depending on availability, minimum seven nights
- Sleeps six
- Total for seven nights (after $600 credit): $1,944
- Total per person: $324, assuming full occupancy
Hacienda A19 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- From $900 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps eight
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,710
- Total per person: $589, assuming full occupancy
Villa Aggia in Umbria, Italy
- From $862 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps 10
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,215
- Total per person: $421.50, assuming full occupancy
Seafoam Villa in Leeward, Turks & Caicos
- From $850 per night, depending on availability, minimum six nights
- Sleeps eight
- Total for six nights (after $600 credit): $5,984
- Total per person: $748, assuming full occupancy
Ocean Front Walk, Unit B in San Diego, California
- From $660 per night, depending on availability
- Sleeps six
- Total for five nights (after $600 credit): $4,733
- Total per person: $789, assuming full occupancy
Though this promotion ends on May 31, stays can be booked for as late in the summer as Aug. 31. All stays must be five or more consecutive nights at the same property. Additionally, the offer is only available on new reservations and must be made over the phone (bookings made online are not eligible for this promotion). Finally, unlike with other American Express promotions, the $600 savings will be credited to the final invoice: not the cardholder’s statement.
Keep in mind that, in addition to receiving $600 off a five-night or longer stay, travelers will also earn a hefty amount of American Express Membership Rewards points — one of the more valuable loyalty currencies out there. According to TPG’s most recent valuations, they’re worth about 2 cents apiece. And with 21 transfer partners, the points you earn can help you travel to just about anywhere in the world.
To learn more about this promotion and to browse Luxury Rentals’ entire portfolio of available properties, visit the promotion’s landing page.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Luxury Retreats
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees