Iced or hot: Amex cardholders can now get free coffee through Panera
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have an American Express card in your wallet? Starting Nov. 3, all U.S. consumer and business Amex cardholders will enjoy a complimentary subscription to MyPanera+ Coffee for six months — good for hot or iced coffee and hot tea.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Cardmembers who are 18 years or older can register for the offer through this link, no later than Jan. 31, 2022. Note that you’ll also have to be a MyPanera member (join here for free) and be a new MyPanera Coffee+ subscription member — meaning that you’re ineligible if you’ve participated in Panera’s coffee membership in the past.
Once you activate this promotion, you can pick any size and flavor of coffee or tea once every two hours with unlimited refills at U.S. Panera locations. While you can get free sweeteners, extras such as milk or syrups will come at an additional cost. Unfortunately, drinks like iced tea, cold-brew iced coffee, and espresso and cappuccino beverages are excluded from this promotion.
After your six-month trial is over, you’ll be charged the monthly subscription cost ($8.99 plus any applicable taxes), so be sure to set a reminder to cancel if you’re not interested in the membership after the promotional period.
Over the past year, American Express has been piloting all sorts of partnerships that seem to go astray from their traditional wheelhouse, whether it’s the new annual Walmart+ credit or the digital entertainment credit on The Platinum Card® from American Express (enrollment required).
But this is one partnership that applies to virtually all Amex cards. No matter if you have the ultra-premium Amex Platinum, a cobranded card like the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card or the no-annual-fee Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express (see rates and fees), you can now register to get complimentary Panera coffee for six months.
For rates and fees of the Blue Cash Everyday card, click here.
Featured photo by American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees