WeWork benefit for Amex Business Platinum extended through Dec. 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex has renewed the WeWork benefit for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express for another year. Cardmembers received emails with the announcement, as well as a reminder to enroll before Dec. 31, 2019, if they haven’t already. If you are already enrolled in the benefit for 2019, your WeWork Platinum Global Access will be automatically extended through Dec. 31, 2020 — no action required on your part.
For more news from TPG, sign up for our daily newsletter!
Platinum Global Access is a cardholder-exclusive membership that gives you access to WeWork’s 300+ locations (the common areas, not private offices) during local business hours. The benefit has the potential to be quite lucrative for frequent business travelers, with “hot desks” at popular WeWork locations potentially costing $500+ each month. You’ll not only get a place to set up your laptop and get work done, but you’ll also have access to any premium amenities. This includes Wi-Fi, phone booths, refreshments and more (one WeWork location in Seoul even has a rock-climbing wall).
Originally, cardholders received one year of Platinum Global Access from the date of enrollment. Now, enrolled members regardless of the original enrollment date will have access until the end of 2020.
There were concerns going into the end of the year about whether the WeWork benefit would be extended. WeWork did not have the best 2019, with a failed IPO, the ouster of CEO Adam Neumann and thousands of layoffs. Despite the challenges, the coworking company has faced this past year, enrolled Amex Business Platinum cardholders will be able to enjoy Platinum Global Access through Dec. 31, 2020.
The emails sent to existing cardholders did specify that those not enrolled in the benefit only had until Dec. 31, 2019, to do so. The American Express website does not currently advertise the WeWork benefit for new cardholders, so those who do not enroll before the end of 2019 will likely be unable to take advantage of this perk.
Regardless of WeWork’s drop in valuation this year, the extension of the benefit is a nice perk for existing Amex Business Platinum cardholders. If you are not currently enrolled in the benefit, make sure to do so before the end of the year to get Global Platinum Access through Dec. 31, 2020. For currently enrolled members, your memberships should be automatically renewed.
Featured image courtesy of WeWork.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.