WeWork benefit for Amex Business Platinum extended through Dec. 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amex has renewed the WeWork benefit for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express for another year. Cardmembers received emails with the announcement, as well as a reminder to enroll before Dec. 31, 2019, if they haven’t already. If you are already enrolled in the benefit for 2019, your WeWork Platinum Global Access will be automatically extended through Dec. 31, 2020 — no action required on your part.
For more news from TPG, sign up for our daily newsletter!
Platinum Global Access is a cardholder-exclusive membership that gives you access to WeWork’s 300+ locations (the common areas, not private offices) during local business hours. The benefit has the potential to be quite lucrative for frequent business travelers, with “hot desks” at popular WeWork locations potentially costing $500+ each month. You’ll not only get a place to set up your laptop and get work done, but you’ll also have access to any premium amenities. This includes Wi-Fi, phone booths, refreshments and more (one WeWork location in Seoul even has a rock-climbing wall).
Originally, cardholders received one year of Platinum Global Access from the date of enrollment. Now, enrolled members regardless of the original enrollment date will have access until the end of 2020.
There were concerns going into the end of the year about whether the WeWork benefit would be extended. WeWork did not have the best 2019, with a failed IPO, the ouster of CEO Adam Neumann and thousands of layoffs. Despite the challenges, the coworking company has faced this past year, enrolled Amex Business Platinum cardholders will be able to enjoy Platinum Global Access through Dec. 31, 2020.
The emails sent to existing cardholders did specify that those not enrolled in the benefit only had until Dec. 31, 2019, to do so. The American Express website does not currently advertise the WeWork benefit for new cardholders, so those who do not enroll before the end of 2019 will likely be unable to take advantage of this perk.
Regardless of WeWork’s drop in valuation this year, the extension of the benefit is a nice perk for existing Amex Business Platinum cardholders. If you are not currently enrolled in the benefit, make sure to do so before the end of the year to get Global Platinum Access through Dec. 31, 2020. For currently enrolled members, your memberships should be automatically renewed.
Featured image courtesy of WeWork.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees