Targeted: Earn up to 20,000 Amex bonus points for adding authorized users
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As reported by Miles to Memories, select cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express are being targeted with an offer to earn up to 20,000 Membership Rewards points for adding authorized users (targeted offer subject to change at anytime). The fee to add your first three authorized users is $175 per year (see rates and fees) and you’ll pay that fee whether you have one, two or three authorized users added to your account. For each authorized user you add beyond the third, you’ll pay $175 per year (see rates and fees).
If your account is eligible, you’ll earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points for each authorized user you add who spends $500 on their new card in the first three months, up to 20,000 bonus points total.
Amex Membership Rewards points are worth two cents each, according to TPG’s point valuations. So you could earn up to $400 in value from this offer. In addition, authorized users get a Priority Pass membership, Centurion Lounge access, a Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit (up to $100) and Delta Sky Club access when flying Delta on the same day.
Authorized users on American Express cards must be at least 13 years old and if you don’t add a birthday and social security number for each authorized user within 60 days, their card will be closed.
One thing to be aware of is that this account will show up on the credit report of any authorized users you add. That means if your Amex Platinum card has been open for less than two years it would count toward the authorized user’s Chase 5/24 limit.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees