Targeted: Earn up to 20,000 Amex bonus points for adding authorized users
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As reported by Miles to Memories, select cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express are being targeted with an offer to earn up to 20,000 Membership Rewards points for adding authorized users (targeted offer subject to change at anytime). The fee to add your first three authorized users is $175 per year (see rates and fees) and you’ll pay that fee whether you have one, two or three authorized users added to your account. For each authorized user you add beyond the third, you’ll pay $175 per year (see rates and fees).
If your account is eligible, you’ll earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points for each authorized user you add who spends $500 on their new card in the first three months, up to 20,000 bonus points total.
Amex Membership Rewards points are worth two cents each, according to TPG’s point valuations. So you could earn up to $400 in value from this offer. In addition, authorized users get a Priority Pass membership, Centurion Lounge access, a Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit (up to $100) and Delta Sky Club access when flying Delta on the same day. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Authorized users on American Express cards must be at least 13 years old and if you don’t add a birthday and social security number for each authorized user within 60 days, their card will be closed.
One thing to be aware of is that this account will show up on the credit report of any authorized users you add. That means if your Amex Platinum card has been open for less than two years it would count toward the authorized user’s Chase 5/24 limit.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees