Philadelphia’s A-West Admirals Club lounge closing to make way for new Flagship Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines Flagship Lounges are among the most luxurious in the U.S., and soon, AA will add its newest location in Philadelphia.
On Sept. 30, 2019, the A-West Admirals Club in Philadelphia (PHL) will close and transformation into a Flagship Lounge will begin. Opening in 2020, the new lounge will feature “elevated dining options, enhanced guest services and private shower suites.”
Unlike Admirals Club lounges, which grant entry to a wide swath of AA flyers (including Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® cardholders and those with a paid membership), American Airlines Flagship Lounge access is limited to a much more exclusive, premium group of travelers. You’re only able to enter if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Flying in first or business class on a qualifying transcontinental flight (New York-JFK to either Los Angeles or San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles and Boston (BOS) on the A321T aircraft only, Los Angeles and Miami (MIA) on B777-300 aircraft only through Oct. 26)
- Flying in first or business class on international flights to Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling on qualifying international Oneworld flights regardless of cabin
- Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a Oneworld airline (regardless of cabin)
- ConciergeKey members traveling on any Oneworld flight
First-class passengers and qualifying American Airlines AAdvantage elite members are allowed to bring up to one guest, while ConciergeKey members can bring immediate family or up to two guests.
If you’re traveling through Philadelphia, there are still several Admirals Club lounge options in Terminal A-East, Terminal B/C and Terminal F. Additionally, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you can access the Centurion Lounge in Terminal A-West, Minute Suites (through Priority Pass) in Terminal B and the Delta Sky Club (if you’re flying Delta that day) in Terminal D.
AA also plans to open a Flagship Lounge in London (LHR). To find out more about AA Flagship lounges, check out TPG contributor Ethan Steinberg’s review of the Flagship Lounge at LAX and a review of Flagship First Dining at JFK by TPG himself, Brian Kelly.
Featured photo courtesy of American Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.