Philadelphia’s A-West Admirals Club lounge closing to make way for new Flagship Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines Flagship Lounges are among the most luxurious in the U.S., and soon, AA will add its newest location in Philadelphia.
On Sept. 30, 2019, the A-West Admirals Club in Philadelphia (PHL) will close and transformation into a Flagship Lounge will begin. Opening in 2020, the new lounge will feature “elevated dining options, enhanced guest services and private shower suites.”
Unlike Admirals Club lounges, which grant entry to a wide swath of AA flyers (including Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® cardholders and those with a paid membership), American Airlines Flagship Lounge access is limited to a much more exclusive, premium group of travelers. You’re only able to enter if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Flying in first or business class on a qualifying transcontinental flight (New York-JFK to either Los Angeles or San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles and Boston (BOS) on the A321T aircraft only, Los Angeles and Miami (MIA) on B777-300 aircraft only through Oct. 26)
- Flying in first or business class on international flights to Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling on qualifying international Oneworld flights regardless of cabin
- Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a Oneworld airline (regardless of cabin)
- ConciergeKey members traveling on any Oneworld flight
First-class passengers and qualifying American Airlines AAdvantage elite members are allowed to bring up to one guest, while ConciergeKey members can bring immediate family or up to two guests.
If you’re traveling through Philadelphia, there are still several Admirals Club lounge options in Terminal A-East, Terminal B/C and Terminal F. Additionally, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you can access the Centurion Lounge in Terminal A-West, Minute Suites (through Priority Pass) in Terminal B and the Delta Sky Club (if you’re flying Delta that day) in Terminal D. Enrollment required for select benefits.
AA also plans to open a Flagship Lounge in London (LHR). To find out more about AA Flagship lounges, check out TPG contributor Ethan Steinberg’s review of the Flagship Lounge at LAX and a review of Flagship First Dining at JFK by TPG himself, Brian Kelly.
Featured photo courtesy of American Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees