Two New American Express Offers Available for Delta and Carnival Purchases
American Express Offers, which incentivize purchases by statement credits or additional Membership Rewards points, are a good way to continue building balances long after your sign-up bonus is gone. Though multiple cards offer some form of this, Amex is the king of offers. And today, we’ve got two new ones to add to the table. These appear to be available across all American Express charge cards, so be sure to check for all your Offers.
Spend $350 at Carnival, receive 7,500 Membership Rewards points:
Though I personally received the offer of additional Membership Rewards points, other TPG staff were targeted for statement credits:
This can present a pretty good deal for people looking to book three-day cruises, where rates hover around $184 per person. Applying the credit to a two-person booking drops the cost of your cruise to a little under $50 per person, per day, which is very cheap in the cruise world. In both cases, the offer expires August 9, so take advantage of it quickly if you’re planning on using it.
The second offer comes from Delta, in the form of a statement credit:
On the surface, the $40 back on a $200 purchase seems pretty good, but the credit is restricted to include flights to just three airports: Boston, Raleigh-Durham and Seattle. Note that you can be flying from anywhere in the US, but your destination airport must be one of the three listed above. Unfortunately, this arbitrarily limits most people who’d want to use it, but if you happen to be one of the few with plans to those regions, you’re in luck.
The credit is good for purchases made through September 5, 2019, so you have a bit of time to redeem.
American Express Offers are an excellent way to build your points balances, and the two they’ve just added present solid options that a wide variety of people can use.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees