Two New American Express Offers Available for Delta and Carnival Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express Offers, which incentivize purchases by statement credits or additional Membership Rewards points, are a good way to continue building balances long after your sign-up bonus is gone. Though multiple cards offer some form of this, Amex is the king of offers. And today, we’ve got two new ones to add to the table. These appear to be available across all American Express charge cards, so be sure to check for all your Offers.
Spend $350 at Carnival, receive 7,500 Membership Rewards points:
Though I personally received the offer of additional Membership Rewards points, other TPG staff were targeted for statement credits:
This can present a pretty good deal for people looking to book three-day cruises, where rates hover around $184 per person. Applying the credit to a two-person booking drops the cost of your cruise to a little under $50 per person, per day, which is very cheap in the cruise world. In both cases, the offer expires August 9, so take advantage of it quickly if you’re planning on using it.
The second offer comes from Delta, in the form of a statement credit:
On the surface, the $40 back on a $200 purchase seems pretty good, but the credit is restricted to include flights to just three airports: Boston, Raleigh-Durham and Seattle. Note that you can be flying from anywhere in the US, but your destination airport must be one of the three listed above. Unfortunately, this arbitrarily limits most people who’d want to use it, but if you happen to be one of the few with plans to those regions, you’re in luck.
The credit is good for purchases made through September 5, 2019, so you have a bit of time to redeem.
American Express Offers are an excellent way to build your points balances, and the two they’ve just added present solid options that a wide variety of people can use.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.