American Airlines rolls out local food options at some Admirals Clubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is working on providing more variety in its lounge food menus.
To start, the airline has introduced complimentary make-your-own mac and cheese bars in Boston, Charlotte (Terminal B), Dallas/Fort Worth (Terminals A and D), Los Angeles (Terminals 4 and 5), New York (JFK and LGA), Miami (North Terminal D15), Chicago O’Hare (Concourse H/K), Phoenix (A6 and B6) and Philadelphia (Terminal B/C). Toppings include onions, bacon and crushed chili cheese Fritos. Those clubs also now have breakfast tacos, available for free.
AA is introducing new paid menu items, too.
Admirals Club lounges in Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, and Dallas/Fort Worth recently began serving meat-free Impossible Burgers. Some clubs also have paid made-to-order ramen.
Many lounges are also getting so-called “destination dishes,” or food that represents the airport’s local specialties: roast beef hoagies in Philadelphia, pierogis in Pittsburgh, barbecued brisket sandwiches in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, Cubanos in Miami, deep dish pizza in Chicago and pastrami sandwiches in New York (JFK and LGA).
Gluten-free bread is also now available upon request in all Admirals Clubs.
Featured photo by Tony Mecia for TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.