American Airlines rolls out local food options at some Admirals Clubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is working on providing more variety in its lounge food menus.
To start, the airline has introduced complimentary make-your-own mac and cheese bars in Boston, Charlotte (Terminal B), Dallas/Fort Worth (Terminals A and D), Los Angeles (Terminals 4 and 5), New York (JFK and LGA), Miami (North Terminal D15), Chicago O’Hare (Concourse H/K), Phoenix (A6 and B6) and Philadelphia (Terminal B/C). Toppings include onions, bacon and crushed chili cheese Fritos. Those clubs also now have breakfast tacos, available for free.
AA is introducing new paid menu items, too.
Admirals Club lounges in Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, and Dallas/Fort Worth recently began serving meat-free Impossible Burgers. Some clubs also have paid made-to-order ramen.
Many lounges are also getting so-called “destination dishes,” or food that represents the airport’s local specialties: roast beef hoagies in Philadelphia, pierogis in Pittsburgh, barbecued brisket sandwiches in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, Cubanos in Miami, deep dish pizza in Chicago and pastrami sandwiches in New York (JFK and LGA).
Gluten-free bread is also now available upon request in all Admirals Clubs.
Featured photo by Tony Mecia for TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees