American Airlines Pilot Delivers 40 Pizzas to Passengers After Flight Was Diverted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying can be rather unexpecting and we all know the frustrations that come along when our planes are delayed or sit on the runway for what seems like no reason. Flying can become even more frustrating when you’re plane diverts to a different airport. Pilots have to deal with diversions all the time for endless reasons; crazy passengers, mechanical issues, clogged toilets and more.
When an American Airlines flight 2354 traveling from Los Angeles (LAX) to Dallas (DFW) made a diversion to Witchita Falls (SPS) after severe thunderstorms affected northern Texas, the pilot decided to order 40 pizzas for his passengers.
@AmericanAir Bad weather, holding, diverting AA now holds the biggest pizza @PapaJohns delivery order in Wichita Falls, TX when the Captain of #2354 took it upon himself to order 40 pizzas for the passengers after landing and the flight cancelled. He hand delivered them! pic.twitter.com/19S7NrpN73
— Joey Shankland (@jsraines10) September 7, 2018
American Airlines is aware of the situation and said in a statement, “We are always proud of our crew members who take great care of our customers who fly on American Airlines. We are fortunate that our crew members are the best in business.”
Delays and diversions are inevitable, so remember what you’re entitled to when something goes wrong on your flight and how you can get compensation. There are plenty of travel credit cards that offer trip delay compensation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees