American Airlines Pilot Delivers 40 Pizzas to Passengers After Flight Was Diverted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying can be rather unexpecting and we all know the frustrations that come along when our planes are delayed or sit on the runway for what seems like no reason. Flying can become even more frustrating when you’re plane diverts to a different airport. Pilots have to deal with diversions all the time for endless reasons; crazy passengers, mechanical issues, clogged toilets and more.
When an American Airlines flight 2354 traveling from Los Angeles (LAX) to Dallas (DFW) made a diversion to Witchita Falls (SPS) after severe thunderstorms affected northern Texas, the pilot decided to order 40 pizzas for his passengers.
@AmericanAir Bad weather, holding, diverting AA now holds the biggest pizza @PapaJohns delivery order in Wichita Falls, TX when the Captain of #2354 took it upon himself to order 40 pizzas for the passengers after landing and the flight cancelled. He hand delivered them! pic.twitter.com/19S7NrpN73
— Joey Shankland (@jsraines10) September 7, 2018
American Airlines is aware of the situation and said in a statement, “We are always proud of our crew members who take great care of our customers who fly on American Airlines. We are fortunate that our crew members are the best in business.”
Delays and diversions are inevitable, so remember what you’re entitled to when something goes wrong on your flight and how you can get compensation. There are plenty of travel credit cards that offer trip delay compensation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.