American Airlines Pilot Delivers 40 Pizzas to Passengers After Flight Was Diverted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying can be rather unexpecting and we all know the frustrations that come along when our planes are delayed or sit on the runway for what seems like no reason. Flying can become even more frustrating when you’re plane diverts to a different airport. Pilots have to deal with diversions all the time for endless reasons; crazy passengers, mechanical issues, clogged toilets and more.
When an American Airlines flight 2354 traveling from Los Angeles (LAX) to Dallas (DFW) made a diversion to Witchita Falls (SPS) after severe thunderstorms affected northern Texas, the pilot decided to order 40 pizzas for his passengers.
@AmericanAir Bad weather, holding, diverting AA now holds the biggest pizza @PapaJohns delivery order in Wichita Falls, TX when the Captain of #2354 took it upon himself to order 40 pizzas for the passengers after landing and the flight cancelled. He hand delivered them! pic.twitter.com/19S7NrpN73
— Joey Shankland (@jsraines10) September 7, 2018
American Airlines is aware of the situation and said in a statement, “We are always proud of our crew members who take great care of our customers who fly on American Airlines. We are fortunate that our crew members are the best in business.”
Delays and diversions are inevitable, so remember what you’re entitled to when something goes wrong on your flight and how you can get compensation. There are plenty of travel credit cards that offer trip delay compensation.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.