American Airlines Issues Waivers Ahead of Texas Winter Weather
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has issued a travel waiver ahead of the next winter weather system. Travelers eligible to take advantage of the waived change fees must be traveling through American’s largest hub, Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW).
The next few days are predicted to bring a variety of precip to the Dallas-Fort Worth Area. Starting this evening, January 1st, the Dallas area can expect a cold-steady rain lingering on through Wednesday evening. Winter precipitation is predicted to take aim at the Dallas-Forth Worth Metro beginning Wednesday evening. A mix of rain, snow, and sleet is expected off and on during the day Thursday into the evening hours.
While the winter precipitation poses the greatest threat to operations at DFW, even a prolonged steady rain could affect operations during peak hours. If your travels include Dallas-Forth Worth International Airport over the next few days and you’re booked on American Airlines, American Eagle, or a codeshare flight, you may be eligible to change your trip free of charge. Here are the complete details of American Airlines’ DFW travel waiver:
- Airline: American Airlines (AA)
- Cities: Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Ticket Purchased By: January 1, 2019
- Traveling: January 2 – 3, 2019
- Able To Travel: January 1 – 6, 2019
If you are eligible to change your itinerary there are a few restrictions. Travelers looking to change their itinerary cannot change the origin or destination city and will only be eligible for changes within the same cabin unless they are willing to pay the difference between their original fare and the premium cabin fare.
American Airlines is the only airline to have issued a waiver for the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Though not included in the current waiver, other cities that could be affected by the next wave of winter weather include Abilene, TX and Oklahoma City, OK.
(Featured image by Paul Moseley/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/MCT via Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.