American Airlines Is Launching Wednesday Flights to St. Kitts From New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of an ongoing expansion into St. Kitts and Nevis Island in the Caribbean, American Airlines is now launching a second weekly nonstop flight from New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport (SKB) in St. Kitts on Wednesdays. This will be the second nonstop AA route from JFK to SKB, which runs on Saturdays.
The first flight on the route will take off on Dec. 18, 2019, on a Boeing 757 with 16 business class seats until February. Then, the flight will be switched over to a Boeing 738 (same amount of business class seats), flying every Wednesday from JFK 8:30 a.m. and from SKB at 2:35 p.m.
AA is currently flying the most seats between St. Kitts and the US, with weekly nonstop routes from both JFK Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and Miami International Airport (MIA) as well as during the summer from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
“The addition of mid-week service year-round from the New York metropolitan area indicates a growth in the marketplace concurrent with our marketing initiatives,” said Racquel Brown, CEO of the St. Kitts Tourism Authority in an AA press release. “This new service is part of our specific strategy to grow our tourism industry by building out airlift from select target gateways with our air partners to support the destination’s expanding hotel product.”
The new routes could increase tourist occupancy in St. Kitts with New York-based vacationers now able to visit the island destination for less than a week without catching a connecting flight.
Featured photo by Frank Slack via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.