American Airlines Flight Collides With Fuel Truck at LaGuardia Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was struck by a fuel truck while taxing at LaGuardia Airport (LGA). The collision took place at 6:51am in LGA’s Terminal B. The flight, Flight 1249, was scheduled to depart for Miami Airport (MIA) at 5:55am.
There were no injuries among the 172 passengers and six crew members aboard the aircraft. “A fuel truck made contact with the winglet of an aircraft that was still at the gate,” American Airlines told Fox News. “We moved passengers to a different aircraft as our maintenance team evaluates/fixes the damage.”
— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) October 26, 2018
Passengers aboard Flight 1249 were able to depart for Miami on a different plane, however, the winglet of flight 1249 is still under crew repair.
Featured image by EVA HAMBACH/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.