Here’s how you can win up to 500,000 American AAdvantage miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is giving away one million AAdvantage miles to six lucky travelers as part of its Million Miles Sweepstakes to get people to sign up for its weekly cruise newsletter.
Entering the promo is straight forward. Head over to the enrollment page, and enter your email, zip code, name, and AAdvantage number (optional).
As reported by Points with a Crew, the grand prize winner will walk away with 500,000 AAdvantage miles as well as a free cruise for two up to a $3,000 value. Five additional winners will each receive 100,000 AAdvantage miles.
Here’s what you need to know:
- One entry per email address allowed
- Sweepstakes entries accepted until 11:59:59 local time, Dec. 31, 2019
- Submitting your name and email address signs you up for the cruise email distribution list
- Only residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C., are eligible for this giveaway
- Entrants must be over 21 years of age
- Winners will be chosen approximately 60 days after the close of the sweepstakes
- Winners are responsible for all taxes
- The grand prize cruise will be awarded in the form of a $3,000 cruise voucher, which can only be redeemed at aa.cruises.com. Travel must be completed by March 31, 2021. All expenses past $3,000 are the responsibility of the winner.
What can you do with 500,000 AAdvantage miles? Our readers are proof that there are a lot of great options. You can fly your family to Japan or Korea in business class both ways, fly first class to Asia on China Southern through the airline’s partnership with American, and even use your miles to fly non-Oneworld alliance partners including Etihad and Air Tahiti Nui. If you really want to get wild, 500,000 AAdvantage miles can even net you 100 free flights if you get in on American’s economy web special flash sales.
Featured photo by JT Genter for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees