Amazon Wants to Do the Impossible and Deliver a Live Christmas Tree Right to Your Door
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Deck the halls with… Christmas trees from Amazon?
If the retail giant has anything to say about it, then yes. They want you to forgo Christmas tree shopping with your family and buy one, sight unseen, that gets sent straight to your home. Here’s how it works.
There are four different varieties to choose from, including Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Black Hill Spruce, Sno-Tip and Black Hills Spruce. The trees are all sourced from North Carolina and Michigan. Better yet, you’ll get free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
After ordering your tree, a FedEx delivery person will deliver your tree to your home — just be sure to actually be there so you can sign for it. In the box, you’ll find the tree itself, instructions, a removal bag, and even a tree preservative. Pro tip: it’s messy to get it out of the box and set it up, so you’ll definitely want to do this outside.
To set it up, take the tree out of the box and cut an inch off the end of the tree. Hydration is key! Lastly, cut the twine that they used to keep the branches together. Be sure to get rid of any dead needles or broken branches, before you bring it inside, too. You’ll want to order or pick up a tree stand for it ahead of time, as well.
You can order one as soon as today, but keep in mind that it will take one to two business days to process the order, and another three to five to ship it. Hawaii and Puerto Rico are excluded from this, unfortunately.
Before you go ahead and press “confirm order,” be sure to check out our guide to the best cards for Amazon purchases. Is there anything better than earning points by ordering a Christmas tree from Amazon? We think not.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees