This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Deck the halls with… Christmas trees from Amazon?
If the retail giant has anything to say about it, then yes. They want you to forgo Christmas tree shopping with your family and buy one, sight unseen, that gets sent straight to your home. Here’s how it works.
There are four different varieties to choose from, including Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Black Hill Spruce, Sno-Tip and Black Hills Spruce. The trees are all sourced from North Carolina and Michigan. Better yet, you’ll get free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
After ordering your tree, a FedEx delivery person will deliver your tree to your home — just be sure to actually be there so you can sign for it. In the box, you’ll find the tree itself, instructions, a removal bag, and even a tree preservative. Pro tip: it’s messy to get it out of the box and set it up, so you’ll definitely want to do this outside.
To set it up, take the tree out of the box and cut an inch off the end of the tree. Hydration is key! Lastly, cut the twine that they used to keep the branches together. Be sure to get rid of any dead needles or broken branches, before you bring it inside, too. You’ll want to order or pick up a tree stand for it ahead of time, as well.
You can order one as soon as today, but keep in mind that it will take one to two business days to process the order, and another three to five to ship it. Hawaii and Puerto Rico are excluded from this, unfortunately.
Before you go ahead and press “confirm order,” be sure to check out our guide to the best cards for Amazon purchases. Is there anything better than earning points by ordering a Christmas tree from Amazon? We think not.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards