Amazon Wants to Do the Impossible and Deliver a Live Christmas Tree Right to Your Door
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Deck the halls with… Christmas trees from Amazon?
If the retail giant has anything to say about it, then yes. They want you to forgo Christmas tree shopping with your family and buy one, sight unseen, that gets sent straight to your home. Here’s how it works.
There are four different varieties to choose from, including Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Black Hill Spruce, Sno-Tip and Black Hills Spruce. The trees are all sourced from North Carolina and Michigan. Better yet, you’ll get free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
After ordering your tree, a FedEx delivery person will deliver your tree to your home — just be sure to actually be there so you can sign for it. In the box, you’ll find the tree itself, instructions, a removal bag, and even a tree preservative. Pro tip: it’s messy to get it out of the box and set it up, so you’ll definitely want to do this outside.
To set it up, take the tree out of the box and cut an inch off the end of the tree. Hydration is key! Lastly, cut the twine that they used to keep the branches together. Be sure to get rid of any dead needles or broken branches, before you bring it inside, too. You’ll want to order or pick up a tree stand for it ahead of time, as well.
You can order one as soon as today, but keep in mind that it will take one to two business days to process the order, and another three to five to ship it. Hawaii and Puerto Rico are excluded from this, unfortunately.
Before you go ahead and press “confirm order,” be sure to check out our guide to the best cards for Amazon purchases. Is there anything better than earning points by ordering a Christmas tree from Amazon? We think not.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.