This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning on Wednesday, Amazon Prime members nationwide will receive discounts at all Whole Foods Markets, the online retailer announced Monday.
The national launch of the member discounts at the gourmet grocer was highly anticipated after Amazon had launched a trial run of the program in Florida Whole Foods Stores in May. After receiving positive feedback, the discounts expanded across 10 states, including California, Colorado and North Carolina earlier this month and are now available in all Whole Foods around the country.
“Prime members have adopted this benefit at one of the fastest rates we’ve seen,” Amazon Prime’s Vice President Cem Sibay said in a statement. “Since starting this rollout in mid-May, Prime members have already saved millions of dollars on everything from seasonal favorites to popular products.” Amazon purchased Whole Foods in June 2017.
Prime members, which Amazon announced has more than 100 million users as of April, will have exclusive discounts on items such as baby back pork ribs, mochi and bulk items. Prime members will also have access to an extra 10% discount on sale items. To receive the discounts, you just have to download the Whole Foods Market app to your cell phone or link your phone number to your account and scan the QR code at checkout.
A Prime membership costs $119 annually — $59 if you’re a student — and with an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, you can earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods Markets and amazon.com.
Featured image via Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees