This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning on Wednesday, Amazon Prime members nationwide will receive discounts at all Whole Foods Markets, the online retailer announced Monday.
The national launch of the member discounts at the gourmet grocer was highly anticipated after Amazon had launched a trial run of the program in Florida Whole Foods Stores in May. After receiving positive feedback, the discounts expanded across 10 states, including California, Colorado and North Carolina earlier this month and are now available in all Whole Foods around the country.
“Prime members have adopted this benefit at one of the fastest rates we’ve seen,” Amazon Prime’s Vice President Cem Sibay said in a statement. “Since starting this rollout in mid-May, Prime members have already saved millions of dollars on everything from seasonal favorites to popular products.” Amazon purchased Whole Foods in June 2017.
Prime members, which Amazon announced has more than 100 million users as of April, will have exclusive discounts on items such as baby back pork ribs, mochi and bulk items. Prime members will also have access to an extra 10% discount on sale items. To receive the discounts, you just have to download the Whole Foods Market app to your cell phone or link your phone number to your account and scan the QR code at checkout.
A Prime membership costs $119 annually — $59 if you’re a student — and with an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, you can earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods Markets and amazon.com.
Featured image via Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards