Amazon Prime Members Now Get Whole Foods Discounts Nationwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning on Wednesday, Amazon Prime members nationwide will receive discounts at all Whole Foods Markets, the online retailer announced Monday.
The national launch of the member discounts at the gourmet grocer was highly anticipated after Amazon had launched a trial run of the program in Florida Whole Foods Stores in May. After receiving positive feedback, the discounts expanded across 10 states, including California, Colorado and North Carolina earlier this month and are now available in all Whole Foods around the country.
“Prime members have adopted this benefit at one of the fastest rates we’ve seen,” Amazon Prime’s Vice President Cem Sibay said in a statement. “Since starting this rollout in mid-May, Prime members have already saved millions of dollars on everything from seasonal favorites to popular products.” Amazon purchased Whole Foods in June 2017.
Prime members, which Amazon announced has more than 100 million users as of April, will have exclusive discounts on items such as baby back pork ribs, mochi and bulk items. Prime members will also have access to an extra 10% discount on sale items. To receive the discounts, you just have to download the Whole Foods Market app to your cell phone or link your phone number to your account and scan the QR code at checkout.
A Prime membership costs $119 annually — $59 if you’re a student — and with an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, you can earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods Markets and amazon.com.
Featured image via Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.