This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Life for Amazon Prime’s 100 million members keeps getting better this year — and more convenient. The mammoth online retailer, along with Whole Foods Market (which Amazon purchased in 2017), launched a delivery service for Prime members in several Florida cities and parts of New York City Tuesday.
Prime members in parts of Long Island and select areas in NYC, beginning with lower Manhattan and Brooklyn, and in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Palm Beach, can now grocery shop through Prime Now, either online or through a mobile app. You can enter your zip code to see if delivery is available in your area. With this feature, Prime members can have Whole Foods premium items and locally sourced food delivered right to their doors.
This comes about a month after Amazon and Whole foods announced Prime discounts on groceries across Whole Food Stores nationwide, which provides an extra 10% off sale items. Amazon launched a free two-hour delivery service earlier this year in February in select cities and said in a statement it plans to expand to additional neighborhoods in NYC and across the US throughout the rest of 2018.
Whole Foods delivery through Prime Now is available every day between 8:00am and 10:00pm. Don’t forget to use your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card to maximize your purchases with up to 5% cashback. If the Prime card isn’t right for you, there are several credit cards available that are great for Amazon purchases, including the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express and the Citi Double Cash Card.
Featured photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees