Allegiant to test ‘Flight Pass’ packages in Cincinnati and Nashville
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant Air is testing new, and in some instances unique, ways to grow its passenger base. The latest effort is selling packages of discounted flight passes in two cities next summer.
The Las Vegas-based discounter will test “Flight Pass,” where passengers can buy packages of four, six or eight flights at a discounted rate. The program will be trialed next summer at the carrier’s bases at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and Nashville International Airport (BNA). Allegiant vice-president of revenue and planning Drew Wells announced the program during an investor presentation Wednesday.
“The ability to sell [a passenger] four, six or eight flight passes ahead of time at a discount for all those flights, is a great way to capture a few more of those trips,” he said. “[If] that customer is traveling anyway, why not have them travel on us?”
Wells did not provide further details of the flight pass program which he said is still being developed but will be available for summer 2020 travel.
The passes are just one of the ways Allegiant is trying to land more passengers. The airline began selling bundles of airport and onboard amenities to passengers booking on its website in October. The options include:
- Allegiant Basic: No added amenities, includes one personal carry-on item
- Allegiant Bonus: One personal carry-on item, one carry-on suitcase, and seat assignment
- Allegiant Total: One personal carry-on item, one carry-on suitcase, one checked bag, seat assignment, priority boarding, and free trip changes
In addition, Allegiant began testing a premium economy product dubbed “Allegiant Extra” on select routes from Los Angeles (LAX) in June. The product includes a minimum of six inches of extra legroom, priority boarding and a complimentary beverage. The Extra seats are located at the front of the aircraft cabin.
The idea of a package of flight passes, or coupons, is not new. Regional carrier Cape Air sells similar packages of 10 one-way flights under its “TravelPass” program, and a similar product used to be available on the shuttles between Boston, New York and Washington.
Featured image courtesy of Allegiant Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees