Allegiant to test ‘Flight Pass’ packages in Cincinnati and Nashville
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant Air is testing new, and in some instances unique, ways to grow its passenger base. The latest effort is selling packages of discounted flight passes in two cities next summer.
The Las Vegas-based discounter will test “Flight Pass,” where passengers can buy packages of four, six or eight flights at a discounted rate. The program will be trialed next summer at the carrier’s bases at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and Nashville International Airport (BNA). Allegiant vice-president of revenue and planning Drew Wells announced the program during an investor presentation Wednesday.
“The ability to sell [a passenger] four, six or eight flight passes ahead of time at a discount for all those flights, is a great way to capture a few more of those trips,” he said. “[If] that customer is traveling anyway, why not have them travel on us?”
Wells did not provide further details of the flight pass program which he said is still being developed but will be available for summer 2020 travel.
The passes are just one of the ways Allegiant is trying to land more passengers. The airline began selling bundles of airport and onboard amenities to passengers booking on its website in October. The options include:
- Allegiant Basic: No added amenities, includes one personal carry-on item
- Allegiant Bonus: One personal carry-on item, one carry-on suitcase, and seat assignment
- Allegiant Total: One personal carry-on item, one carry-on suitcase, one checked bag, seat assignment, priority boarding, and free trip changes
In addition, Allegiant began testing a premium economy product dubbed “Allegiant Extra” on select routes from Los Angeles (LAX) in June. The product includes a minimum of six inches of extra legroom, priority boarding and a complimentary beverage. The Extra seats are located at the front of the aircraft cabin.
The idea of a package of flight passes, or coupons, is not new. Regional carrier Cape Air sells similar packages of 10 one-way flights under its “TravelPass” program, and a similar product used to be available on the shuttles between Boston, New York and Washington.
Featured image courtesy of Allegiant Air.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.