This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Being kind to Mother Earth is a solid idea regardless of what sector you’re in, but it’s of particular importance to Alaska Airlines. As part of Alaska’s ongoing efforts to “fly greener and expand use of sustainable aviation fuels,” the carrier has inked a deal with Neste — the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues.
The new agreement will allow Neste and Alaska to “more closely work together to design, create and implement solutions that lay the groundwork for the wider adoption of renewable fuels within the airline industry.” While airlines galore rally around the idea of ditching single-use plastic straws, Alaska is embarking on a mission to turn the entire aviation industry to more renewable fuels.
Neste MY Renewable Jet Fuel technology has been tested and proven in thousands of commercial flights, and crucially, can be used without the need for additional investments in new jet engines or segregated fuel distribution system. It’s unclear whether or not Alaska will be utilizing the tech on bookable flights in the near future, but we’ll be keeping an eye out to see if Neste manages to land similar agreements with other airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards