Alaska Airlines Works With Neste To Spearhead Renewable Fuel Use Across Airline Industry
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Being kind to Mother Earth is a solid idea regardless of what sector you’re in, but it’s of particular importance to Alaska Airlines. As part of Alaska’s ongoing efforts to “fly greener and expand use of sustainable aviation fuels,” the carrier has inked a deal with Neste — the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues.
The new agreement will allow Neste and Alaska to “more closely work together to design, create and implement solutions that lay the groundwork for the wider adoption of renewable fuels within the airline industry.” While airlines galore rally around the idea of ditching single-use plastic straws, Alaska is embarking on a mission to turn the entire aviation industry to more renewable fuels.
Neste MY Renewable Jet Fuel technology has been tested and proven in thousands of commercial flights, and crucially, can be used without the need for additional investments in new jet engines or segregated fuel distribution system. It’s unclear whether or not Alaska will be utilizing the tech on bookable flights in the near future, but we’ll be keeping an eye out to see if Neste manages to land similar agreements with other airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.