Get 500 Bonus Alaska Miles for Joining Mileage Plan Shopping and Making Qualifying Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You should always use an airline shopping portal when making online purchases. Bypassing the opportunity to earn miles for purchases you’d already be making is a cardinal sin in the points and miles hobby. And if you’ve been reluctant to jump on board (or, if you’ve just forgotten to do it), Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping is offering an enticing offer to earn bonus miles just for getting started.
With Mileage Plan Shopping’s jumpstart promotion, you can earn 500 bonus miles for joining the program and spending $150 within the next week.
While 500 miles isn’t the most, it’s nothing to turn your nose up at. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, 500 Alaska miles are worth $9. Because Alaska’s Mileage Plan program offers so many lucrative partners and redemption options, those 500 miles could definitely come in handy.
Keep in mind that the 500 miles to be earned as part of this promotion are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent with individual retailers. The offer is only valid for new members who spend $150 in qualifying purchase(s) within one week of signing up. This promo will be valid between Monday, Oct. 1, and Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.
Featured image by Halfdark via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees