Get 500 Bonus Alaska Miles for Joining Mileage Plan Shopping and Making Qualifying Purchases
You should always use an airline shopping portal when making online purchases. Bypassing the opportunity to earn miles for purchases you’d already be making is a cardinal sin in the points and miles hobby. And if you’ve been reluctant to jump on board (or, if you’ve just forgotten to do it), Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping is offering an enticing offer to earn bonus miles just for getting started.
With Mileage Plan Shopping’s jumpstart promotion, you can earn 500 bonus miles for joining the program and spending $150 within the next week.
While 500 miles isn’t the most, it’s nothing to turn your nose up at. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, 500 Alaska miles are worth $9. Because Alaska’s Mileage Plan program offers so many lucrative partners and redemption options, those 500 miles could definitely come in handy.
Keep in mind that the 500 miles to be earned as part of this promotion are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent with individual retailers. The offer is only valid for new members who spend $150 in qualifying purchase(s) within one week of signing up. This promo will be valid between Monday, Oct. 1, and Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.
Featured image by Halfdark via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.