Alaska Airlines is offering a flight voucher for first 40,000 fans at baseball game
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re going to the San Fransisco Giants vs. Miami Marlins game on Sept. 14, you might want to get there early. That’s because Alaska Airlines is offering a 2-for-1 flight voucher for the first 40,000 fans attending the game.
Here’s what you need to know.
After buying one economy-class ticket at the regular price, you’ll get a second ticket for just the cost of taxes. The promotion is only valid for itineraries with two people traveling together and at the same fare. You can book either one-way or round-trip travel. You must book your travel by Sept. 17 on alaskaair.com.
There are several departure cities included in the promotion, including Sacramento (SMF), San Francisco (SFO) and San Jose (SJC), and the deal is valid to any airport served by Alaska (excluding Prudhoe Bay).
You must travel between Oct. 29 and Feb. 13, 2020, and keep in mind that there are numerous blackout days, including the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year’s Day holidays. Also note that travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays, while travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
If you want to maximize this promotion even more, you might want to consider signing up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card, as you’ll get 3x miles on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
Currently, the card is offering a sign-up bonus of 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22). To qualify, you’ll need to spend at least $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account. Based on TPG’s latest point valuations, 40,000 Alaska miles are worth $720.
Featured photo courtesy of John Gress/Corbis via Getty Images
Updated on 2/27/20
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees