This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
- 19 million flights credited miles to member accounts
- A whopping 338,480 miles were credited to a single account, by a member named Richard
- Almost 5 million free checked bags were issued for elites and credit card holders
- A new member joins Mileage Plan every 30 seconds; that’s more than 1 million new members for 2018
“We’re thankful to our loyal members for choosing Alaska Airlines again and again,” said Ryan Butz, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of loyalty. “We love rewarding our members with miles based on how far they fly – not just how much they spend – and easy-to-earn elite benefits.”
Passengers didn’t just rack up miles, they also used them for reward travel. Alaska reports that top destinations for reward redemptions were Phoenix, Las Vegas and San Diego. Other top redemption destinations included Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County and Juneau in 2018.
Featured Image by Alaskan Airlines
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel