Calling all Wordle fanatics and travel enthusiasts: There’s a new game to pass the time at the airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you missed it, the word game Wordle has seemingly taken the world, and definitely TPG, by storm — as evidenced by the intense Slack thread about this morning’s word.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights, there’s a new game to play the next time you are sitting at the airport with time to kill.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
If you’ve made it through this article thus far and are still wondering what the heck Wordle is, here’s how it works: Wordle gives you six tries to guess a (relatively common) five-letter word. If you get a correct letter it will show you one of two options — green for right letter in the right spot, or yellow for right letter but in the wrong spot. The keyboard will also gray out letters you have already struck out with. The genius is it then allows you to share your result to social media without giving away the word.
Earlier this week Scott’s Cheap Flights introduced their take on Wordle: Airportle, a game to test your knowledge of airport IATA codes (the two or three letters used to identify airports by the International Air Transport Association).
The game works similarly to Wordle and tests your knowledge with a daily challenge.
So the next time you are stuck at your gate thanks to a delayed flight, test your mind and see how well you know your airport codes. Then you can go back to scrolling through Instagram.
Featured photo by Igor Nesterov/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.