Airbus Debuts Japan Airlines’ First A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We got our first peek at Japan Airlines’ first Airbus A350-900 when it rolled out of a hangar in Toulouse, France on Tuesday.
This is Japan Airlines’ first-ever Airbus aircraft. The airline’s fleet is currently composed of 167 Boeing aircraft and has only ever operated Boeing or McDonnell Douglas aircraft (which was absorbed by Boeing in 1997).
Decked out in standard JAL livery, a large “Airbus A350” is also emblazoned on the A350’s fuselage to celebrate the aircraft manufacturer’s relationship with JAL.
JAL has ordered 31 A350s, including 18 A350-900s and 13 of the larger A350-1000s.
An Airbus release says the aircraft will first operate on major domestic routes and will feature a three-class configuration that seats 369 passengers. Its inaugural route will be from Tokyo Haneda (HND) to Fukuoka (FUK).
Airways Magazine speculates that the aircraft will feature 12 first class seats, 94 business class seats and 263 economy seats. However it’s possible JAL installs a premium economy cabin instead of first class seats.
JAL’s A350s will round out its fleet of 25 Boeing 787-8s and 11 Boeing 787-9s, both of which are known as fuel efficient long-haul aircraft.
Featured image courtesy of F. Lancelot / Master Films / Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.