This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of Tuesday, Airbnb hosts who use August Smart Locks and Keypads will be able to generate custom keyless entry codes, automatically emailed to guests at their designated check-in time, with detailed instructions.
Up until now, hosts with August-equipped Airbnbs have been able to manually generate custom key codes for incoming guests. This latest August update, however, will let hosts “set and forget” the technical details. The automated personal entry codes will be linked to the specific dates and times of each Airbnb reservation, which will automatically reflect any changes to reservation dates, including cancellations.
This new feature will allow hosts to authorize cleaning crews to only enter and depart during designated times, and prevent guests from accessing their reservations too early or having former guests potentially walk in using their old access codes.
To use the new feature, hosts need to link their Airbnb and August accounts within the August app, after which they have three access options to offer short-term rental guests. They can utilize a custom PIN code for an August Smart Keypad with one-touch locking that is automatically generated when an Airbnb reservation is made, authorize mobile phone access via the August app or offer a combination of both PIN code and August app access.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards