Airbnb ‘Smart’ Homes Now Send Custom Entry Codes Automatically
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of Tuesday, Airbnb hosts who use August Smart Locks and Keypads will be able to generate custom keyless entry codes, automatically emailed to guests at their designated check-in time, with detailed instructions.
Up until now, hosts with August-equipped Airbnbs have been able to manually generate custom key codes for incoming guests. This latest August update, however, will let hosts “set and forget” the technical details. The automated personal entry codes will be linked to the specific dates and times of each Airbnb reservation, which will automatically reflect any changes to reservation dates, including cancellations.
This new feature will allow hosts to authorize cleaning crews to only enter and depart during designated times, and prevent guests from accessing their reservations too early or having former guests potentially walk in using their old access codes.
To use the new feature, hosts need to link their Airbnb and August accounts within the August app, after which they have three access options to offer short-term rental guests. They can utilize a custom PIN code for an August Smart Keypad with one-touch locking that is automatically generated when an Airbnb reservation is made, authorize mobile phone access via the August app or offer a combination of both PIN code and August app access.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.