Airbnb ‘Smart’ Homes Now Send Custom Entry Codes Automatically
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of Tuesday, Airbnb hosts who use August Smart Locks and Keypads will be able to generate custom keyless entry codes, automatically emailed to guests at their designated check-in time, with detailed instructions.
Up until now, hosts with August-equipped Airbnbs have been able to manually generate custom key codes for incoming guests. This latest August update, however, will let hosts “set and forget” the technical details. The automated personal entry codes will be linked to the specific dates and times of each Airbnb reservation, which will automatically reflect any changes to reservation dates, including cancellations.
This new feature will allow hosts to authorize cleaning crews to only enter and depart during designated times, and prevent guests from accessing their reservations too early or having former guests potentially walk in using their old access codes.
To use the new feature, hosts need to link their Airbnb and August accounts within the August app, after which they have three access options to offer short-term rental guests. They can utilize a custom PIN code for an August Smart Keypad with one-touch locking that is automatically generated when an Airbnb reservation is made, authorize mobile phone access via the August app or offer a combination of both PIN code and August app access.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees