AirAsia Ground Crew Gets Handsy with Your Bags
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Prince’s über famous 1986 song “Kiss”, says, “I just want your extra time and your…kiss,” but I don’t think he was singing sweet-nothings to his luggage.
After video surfaced showing AirAsia employees mishandling bikes coming off a plane, an AirAsia baggage handler took to his personal Facebook to show that they’re taking the extra step to ensure all baggage is handled carefully…and with lots of love.
In an odd — albeit unique — photo shoot, Mohd Amir Izzat, an AirAsia baggage handler, posted photos of him and his fellow employees kissing AirAsia passengers’ checked bags as they load them onto their fleet.
On his Facebook, Izzat wrote, “DEAR BAG, DOESN’T MATTER HOW WEIGHT IS THE BAG WAS, WE WILL HANDLE WITH KISS AND CARE……LOVE YOU BAG,” adding, “We all apologies from all our mistake before…stay tuned with Airasia,” which included tagging AirAsia CEO, Tony Fernandes.
The post has been liked by more than 10,000 people and been shared by nearly as many. Reactions, however, are mixed in the comments. Kate L commented, “Ehh!! Hygiene please!! Hygiene!!” Melissa A thought the kiss was an added bonus: “The kisses only reserved for the ones who bought AirAsia insurance. For u who don’t, maybe a smackdown.” Emilia L saw the hilarity: “At least kissing is better than kicking!”
After the video was circulated on the internet of the ground crew mishandling bikes, AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes posted his own his company’s Facebook stating: “As a cyclist myself, I was pretty disturbed when I saw the actions of our staff. Rest assured, we’ve taken action. We are looking into the matter very seriously and stern action will be taken accordingly. I hope we will continue to improve ourselves. Attention has been put into this particular example.”
For the month of April, AirAsia will be waiving all baggage fees for passengers who are checking their bicycles, according to The Independent. It’s still to be determined if the bicycles will get the love and affection that passengers’ bags are currently getting.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees