Air Transat using new Airbus A321LRs to launch Montreal-Copenhagen flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Canadian leisure carrier Air Transat will add nonstop service between Montreal and Copenhagen, using its new Airbus A321LRs to launch the route.
Service will begin June 20 and operate twice weekly through Sept. 20. The route will give Air Transat a total of 27 European destinations during its summer schedule for 2020.
“Air Transat is proud to be the only air carrier to offer non-stop service to Copenhagen out of Montreal,” Annick Guérard, Air Transat’s Chief Operating Officer, said in a statement.
Guérard lauded the carrier’s new A321LRs for opening up new possibilities across the Atlantic.
“The introduction of Airbus A321neoLRs to our fleet marked a milestone in our air operations management,” he said in the statement. “These long-range narrow-body aircraft are improving our efficiency and flexibility, and enabling us to continue expanding our vacation destination offering.”
Air Transat focuses on leisure routes, flying to more than 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. It operates from several Canadian airports, though its main base is at Montreal.
Air Canada has made a bid to acquire Air Transat, which could close sometime next year, pending regulatory approval.
Featured image: Rendering courtesy of Airbus.
Related: See All of TPG’s Air Canada Coverage
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.