Santa’s Naughty List Exposed in Air New Zealand’s Hilarious New Commercial
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air New Zealand’s new holiday commercial is a surprising ode to those who didn’t quite make the nice list this year. On top of that, the airline drops a “Make Christmas Great Again” reference.
In the video, Santa accidentally sends out his naughty list to one of the children on it, Elvis Anderson, instead of to the elves. When the boy receives the email notification while in detention, he calls for desperate measures: “The Very First Summit of All the Naughty Kids.”
The boy reaches out to Air New Zealand to bring naughty children from around the world to New Zealand, where the kids hold the summit. The savages deplane in New Zealand high-fiving the airline crew. Quickly, they get down to business to discuss how each country will commit to doing good deeds to get themselves onto the nice list this year.
Argentina agrees to “reduce personal gaseous emissions” by 27%. Great Britain promises to eat more vegetables, while Japan will be sure to cut down on hair pulling. The naughty and nice scale begins to turn in the children’s favor. The progress is stalled, though, with America. A little boy in a recognizable red hat reading “Make Christmas Great Again” denies his naughtiness. The rest of the children respond with roaring laughter.
To pull through, New Zealand is the last to make amends with the man in the North Pole. After consultation with his fellow New Zealand representatives, the team comes to an agreement. “New Zealand promises to do all our chores, spend less time on our phones,” Elvis Anderson announces, and — crossing his fingers behind his back — “be nicer to Australia.”
Regardless, the scale is ultimately pulled toward nice. Confetti drops! The children celebrate! And it’s all thanks to Air New Zealand for bringing them together.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.